the abc of a good health
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
5 THINGS YOU CAN DO TODAY TO LOSE WEIGHT NOW
The first two questions to ask when you decide to drop those pounds are….
• How can I decrease my calories? This seems simple enough, eat less and you will decrease your calories right? Well this is true but there is a little more to it than that. There are some ways to eat less and still not feel hungry all the time.
o One trick is to drink plenty of water with your meals and give yourself smaller portions. You will actually eat less in this way as you will be filled up by the water.
o Cut out the junk food: you will put fewer calories into your body by simply replacing junk food with fruits and vegetables and replacing sweet juices and sodas with water.
• How can I burn more calories: there are two ways to do this; exercise and nutrition…
o To speed up your metabolism drink more water: this will clean your system and improve your digestion, which in turn will speed up your metabolism
o Eat 6 small meals per day rather than 3 large ones: This will also increase your metabolism.
o Eat more fiber: doing this will fill you up and aid your digestion, which in turn will help to make you burn calories faster.
o Any exercise will burn calories: it is wise to include in your routine a combination of exercises like; squats, abdominal exercises, shoulder presses, chest presses, and rows
Five things you can do today are….
• Change your eating habits: use the suggestions above and you will see the difference.
• Drink more water: as seen above this will have a dual action of filing you up and speeding up your metabolism.
• Exercise: You can do an intensive exercise routine as mentioned above or just walk, jog, swim or cycle, depending on your physical condition. You can always resort to a static bike which you can use while watching your favorite TV shows. This is very effective because I speak from experience.
• Cut down your stress: stress is one of the hidden barriers to weight loss. If you are stressed out your body goes into a flight and fight mode and will not let you lose those pounds. Therefore it is very important not to get stressed and tensed when trying to lose weight. If necessary try some stress management tactics to cut down your tensions and find resolutions to your problems. You will find that this tactic alone will not only help you to lose weight but improve your overall health.
• Sleep properly: lack of sleep will also make you feel tense and you will not be able to lose those pounds. Plus you will not be able to exercise as well as you will be feeling tired and listless.